Gotta love LabVIEW

In contrast, today I right clicked on a random VI* in my project and labview hung...through several restarts, until I just gave up

sorry, were we being positive in this thread? :(

*to be fair I needed to use lvoop for something, so random crashes and hangs are expected

Edited by smithd
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, smithd said:

In contrast, today I right clicked on a random VI* in my project and labview hung...through several restarts, until I just gave up

sorry, were we being positive in this thread? :(

*to be fair I needed to use lvoop for something, so random crashes and hangs are expected

Yup we were trying to be positive.

I have not experienced too many crashes involving classes lately although I do purge the mutation history every few weeks :lol:

(No problems with a medium size project including approx 85 classes).

• Like 1

I spent all day yesterday to port some code across from another project into what I'm currently working on.

Closed the project to do a quick fix on something else, opened my project again and found that the vi that has the GUI state machine in it had lost its block diagram, which contained the main part of the changes I had made. And because I hadn't finished the porting I hadn't checked it in. I didn't love LV after that one :(

I wish I knew how I did that.

In my typical development cycle I keep looking forward to the next release (2017 SP1) imagining it will fix all of my stability issues.  Not that my system is unstable, just that long delays in editing, and saving, make for a painful development process.

Oh right positive.  Rapid prototype and performance testing with small VIs is fun.  For performing some kind of custom filtering, I'll sometimes write it 2 or 3 ways to get the same result, and then throw random data at it and see which performs the best.  Then implement that into the main application.

18 hours ago, Neil Pate said:

Yup we were trying to be positive.

I have not experienced too many crashes involving classes lately although I do purge the mutation history every few weeks :lol:

(No problems with a medium size project including approx 85 classes).

How does purging the mutation history work?  Any white papers you could link to on this?

Thanks,

I have just wrapped the VI mentioned by the link hooovah posted in some code that iterates over all the classes in my project. 

I really have no use for the mutation history and wish I could permanently turn it off. Also I think it is buggy especially when classes contain classes that have changed or been renamed. Seen some terrible IDE bugs related to this. 

Edited by Neil Pate
Added link