LabVIEW and Firefox

• 6 months later...
That document has been deleted. What it said? It's possible to use remote panels with Mozilla the same that with Netscape?

Saludos,

Aitor

If you check on the NI site for "remote Mozilla"you will find a number of articles. Yes Mozilla works the same as Netscape, but Firefox seems to be a differnt story. Not sure if LabVIEW 8 fixes that and has support for Firefox but earlier LabVIEW versions seem not to have support for Firefox for some obscure reasons. I would have expected Firefox to have the same plugin interface than Mozilla but that isn't so apparently.

Rolf Kalbermatter

• 2 weeks later...

I found a snippet of the deleted NI document in a thread of mine at a German Forum.

http://forum.gsi.de/index.php?t=tree&th=72...67561159142e672

"On Windows, you also can copy the attached DLLs to your browser directory. For Netscape 6.x, copy NPLVWin32.dll to the ...Netscape 6\plugins directory. For Netscape 4.x, copy the same file to the ...Netscape\Communicator\Program\Plugins directory. For Internet Explorer 5.x, copy LVActiveXControl.dll to the ...Internet Explorer\plugins directory."

I copied the NPLVWin32.dll into the plugins directory of firefox.

The ugly thing was: first uninstall the RunTimeEingine and reinstall it again.

... and it works.

Manfred