Get last array element VIM

Jacemdom

There already is a primitive that does this.  The Delete From Array returns the last element in the array if nothing is wired to the length and index.  There was a thread on LAVA years ago about which was a faster method, and a few versions of LabVIEW the method you showed was faster, but in most the delete from array is faster.  And it already has a quick drop dfa.

• Like 1

I get your point, and there is large amounts of debate over similar topics.  Should I not use Variable=Variable++ since not all developers know this is short hand for incrementing a variable?  To me the delete from array with nothing wired is used for getting the last element, but I get not everyone associates this function with that feature.

But I suppose if you really feel strongly about this you could make a VIM that just has this one primitive in it.

On 12/7/2017 at 8:31 AM, hooovahh said:

There was a thread on LAVA years ago about which was a faster method, and a few versions of LabVIEW the method you showed was faster, but in most the delete from array is faster.  And it already has a quick drop dfa.

Thread in question.

Once the stomping was fixed in the Delete From Array (supposedly in 2014), that became a lot faster than any other method.

Edited by crossrulz