Hello Everyone,

I have a project that I am working on. It is running on an old machine using Windows XP, and LabVIEW 8.6.1. Our customer has requested that we add the capability to make a call to a web service that they have written. They do not want to upgrade the OS or LV version, so I am trying to find a way to do this in 8.6.1. They have given my the wsdl file to review and it is specifying using the SOAP protocol in a request/response format. The request message, requires 5 pieces of string data from the LabVIEW application. I have never done any web service calls before in any language so I am trying to learn that as I go as well. I have tried searching on the forums on how to do this, but I have not found anything. So I would like to know if there are any VIs in 8.6.1 to support this kind of request. If there are, can someone please tell me which VIs/pallet to use and some guidance on how to use them?

I have never used these protocols myself, so I can only point directions. Here is a topic that has a solution regarding SOAP: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/SOAP-web-service-possible-to-access-from-LabView/td-p/3198844

It's done for LV 2015, but you can always save for previous version to make it work with any version down to 8.0

Somewhere down that thread is a link to a topic on LavaG, might prove useful as well:

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick response! There was a lot of useful information in that NI forums post. I did not know that LabVIEW has a tool to import a web service WSDL and generate the call methods. This feature exists in 8.6.1 as well so I think I have everything that I need to move forward. Thanks!