deploy hierarchies of shared variables in EXE

I wonder if someone ran into this and has a good suggestion about. I have a DSC project, in which it looks just right to organize hierarchically my shared variables. Like, e.g.

SystemManager_2018-01-25_11-50-47.png

Now this is easy to do programmatically, see the attached project. The problem arises when building an application. It would look as if the plain way to do it, would be to create a build specification which includes the additional libraries, and select their deployment in the "Shared Variable Deployment" tab. However, this doesn't seem to work for nested libraries as in my example. The only possibility seems to add in "Always included" each of the contained libraries. But by doing like this the hierarchy is flattened.

If I include like this,

LabVIEW_2018-01-25_11-49-55.png

then the variables within the container library are not deployed at runtime.

In my example project:

• open the project in the IDE, run DeployAllSharedVariables.vi, then CheckDeployed, and see the result (all four variables found with their nested paths)
  • build and run DeployFlatLibraries and see the result: four variables, but flattened paths
  • build and run DeployHierarchicalLibraries: only the two variables in the unnested SimpleVariableLibrary are there.

I've searched a bit, and only came up with this document, which (for >2009) says "just check the checkbox". Nor the help page says much either.

I wonder if I can do what I'd like only compiling separately the libraries, and loading them programmatically afterwards, both in the IDE and in the exe. Which probably is sane, but inconvenient for the first attempts.

TestDeploy.zip

Edited by ensegre