Strict Type Def in development/Type Def at runtime

Axelwlt

Hi,

Is there a way to make a type def behave as a Strict Type Def during development (so that cosmetic changes made to the .ctl are propagated), and as a Type Def. at runtime (so that the cosmetics can be still be changed with property nodes)?

My use case is that the code just needs to colour the controls at runtime, the other property values are decided during development.

1 hour ago, Axelwlt said:

Is there a way to make a type def behave as a Strict Type Def during development (so that cosmetic changes made to the .ctl are propagated), and as a Type Def. at runtime (so that the cosmetics can be still be changed with property nodes)?

Not directly.

One possible workaround: You could keep the .ctl as a Type Def most of the time. When you want to propagate cosmetic changes during development, temporarily Save + Apply it as a Strict Type Def. After that, change it back to a Type Def.

5 hours ago, JKSH said:

You could keep the .ctl as a Type Def most of the time. When you want to propagate cosmetic changes during development, temporarily Save + Apply it as a Strict Type Def. After that, change it back to a Type Def.

That is what I am currently doing but I wanted to speed up a bit this process.

32 minutes ago, Chris_Collier said:

You could write a script which runs during build which sets the strict type-def to a standard type-def, then reverts to strict after the build.

How can I do this change? I guess that would be something belonging to VI Scripting?