Displaying a transparent PNG programatically

I have a customer logo, a PNG with a transparent background and I wish to programatically display it on a FP which also happens to have a picture (static) pasted into the background. I have tried to use a native 2D picture control and also a .net Picturebox but cannot get the logo displaying nicely with proper transparency.

This is all a bit deja-vu for me as I struggled with a similar issue some years ago however none of those techniques seemed to do the trick now. All the forum posts seem to indicate this is quite a tricky thing to get right.

Any ideas?

57 minutes ago, Antoine Chalons said:

just thinking out loud, have you tried to use BitMan toolkit to merge the 2 images in one and then display it?

Wow, I'm surprised anyone here remembers this rusty tool :)

Yes, it should do the job. It is available here: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/pl/nid/209830

Check out clock.vi example

clock.png

• Like 2

Where have you been all my life?  Seriously though in all the various posts I've made with my "Image Manipulation" code (another thread on LAVA) which leverages .Net and the PictureBox allowing for alpha layer images, and combining layers of alpha images.  In none of these threads has BitMan ever been mentioned.  I even have used my Image Manipulation code in other projects like the Toolbar Class for things like button overlays on mouse over, but still didn't know this existed.  I think somethings probably have better performance on .Net like resizing, but still I likely wouldn't have dove into developing that code if I knew this existed.  Oh and the added benefit of being able to have controls on top, or below the image (which PictureBox can't) is awesome.