Copy and Modify Database Toolkit

I am running calls to a various stored procedures in parallel, each with their own connection refnums. A few of these calls can take a while to execute from time to time. In critical parts of my application I would like the Cmd Execute.vi to be reentrant. Generally I handle this by making a copy of the NI library and namespacing my own version. I can then make a reentrant copy of the VI I need and save it in my own library, then commit it in version control so everyone working on the project has it. But the library is password protected so even a copy of it keeps it locked. I can't do a save as on the VIs that I need and make a reentrant copy, nor can I add any new VIs to the library.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have resorted to taking NIs library, including it inside my own library, then basically rewriting the VIs I need by copying the contents from the block diagram of the VI I want to "save as" and pasting them in another VI.

Edited by GregFreeman