Run time to another PC, associate application to a specific PC

Hi to all,

First to all thanks for being able to help and reading this post.

I would like to ask two question:

1- I have RUN TIME asigned to a PC, but know I would like to change this PC and install the same application to another PC (of course, keeping the same Run Time) Is it possible and how can I do that? because when I put a run time in a PC it is associated with that pc.

2- I would like to associate the application to a PC, so if the application run to another PC it can not.

I see some post that associate the application with serial number of PC and serial number of hard disk, is this the best way?

Thanks a lot.

Using the application builder you can make an installer that includes all the dependent runtime engines.  What this means is you can create an installer that includes all dependencies for your application.  In most cases this means you can just run this one installer on a fresh copy of Windows, and it will make your application run without error.

Your message isn't clear and so I might be answering a question you aren't asking.  If instead you are asking about LabVIEW licensing, just activate it with the serial you have.  In most cases it works just fine as NI expects people to have to reinstall LabVIEW from time to time and has a limit on activations which is greater than 1.

On 9/5/2018 at 7:51 PM, hooovahh said:

Using the application builder you can make an installer that includes all the dependent runtime engines.  What this means is you can create an installer that includes all dependencies for your application.  In most cases this means you can just run this one installer on a fresh copy of Windows, and it will make your application run without error.

Your message isn't clear and so I might be answering a question you aren't asking.  If instead you are asking about LabVIEW licensing, just activate it with the serial you have.  In most cases it works just fine as NI expects people to have to reinstall LabVIEW from time to time and has a limit on activations which is greater than 1.

Hi, first of all thanks a lot for replying.

I have the application with Run time licensing in a specific PC. That PC is brokern now, so I would like to use that Run Time license in another new PC. Is it possible or I have to buy another run time license?

Thanks again.

Yes it should be possible, as far as I know a runtime license is like a seat and can be moved to a different PC if needed. I think you can probably just try and install the runtime on the new PC and it might just work. If the licensing fails you will have to contact NI and they should be able to sort it out for you.

If we are talking the LabVIEW Runtime engine then there is no monetary cost in installing it.  Again make an EXE, make an installer, and install it.  There are a few toolkits that require a cost for a runtime engine like the Vision toolkit but most don't.

If you are mistakenly calling the LabVIEW development environment "Runtime" take Neil's advice.  This does have a monetary cost.