continuous measurement using Actor Framework

Hi all. I just started studying the actor framework. I'm trying to do basic coding in this and the ni community while learning the basics.

I would like to make a continuous measurement and logging system using the actor framework, but I'm in trouble.

The way I originally code it is to put the 'read' function inside the state machine and pass the output of the function to the 'save loop' using the queue.

Here are the questions 1.
Is it correct to code in actor core to use some continuous action or a while loop? To be precise, is it necessary to create an actor core to write one 'read' function?

Questions 2.
If I do not use the actor core and put 'read' in the method vi and measure it for the amount of time I want it, I think I need a 'message' to continue passing automatically, is there a function that does such a function?

1 hour ago, Jongmin.Kang said:

Here are the questions 1.
Is it correct to code in actor core to use some continuous action or a while loop? To be precise, is it necessary to create an actor core to write one 'read' function?

I don't know what the recommended way of doing what you want is but you can definitely put a second while loop in one of the children's actor core. You have to make sure you have a way to stop that while loop though. Maybe just put an event structure with a specific timeout and send a user event to stop the loop (and possibly another message to change the timeout)?

1 hour ago, Jongmin.Kang said:

Questions 2.
If I do not use the actor core and put 'read' in the method vi and measure it for the amount of time I want it, I think I need a 'message' to continue passing automatically, is there a function that does such a function?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361P-01/lvcomm/af_td_send/