No NI Week videos this year? :(

0_o

On 6/4/2018 at 10:35 AM, shoneill said:

Every time I try to download videos my IP gets banned.....

You might want to reduce the number of parallel connections to two (seems to be working fine on my end). The server bans IPs with too many connections at once:

6 minutes ago, jacobson said:

Were the old NIWeek videos moved to another location?

The other videos are still online, but not available right now until traffic for the current videos has gone down. Once all of us finished choking the server all videos should be available again. This has happened in the past as well:

• Like 1

Thank for the update on the crashing videos I will re format them and look into the issue.

Last Friday the old server that we are using crashed and so currently it is down.

No videos were lost

I.T. is working on a new solution but may take a week or two.

NI is also working on putting the videos on their Center of Excellence Vimeo  site by June 30th

I will post updates when they become available.

2 hours ago, Mark Balla said:

NI is also working on putting the videos on their Center of Excellence Vimeo  site by June 30th

Finally. That's a start.

NI should have took the videos and uploaded long time ago.

Thanks Mark!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 1:06 AM, StefanLemmens said:

Unfortunately the video "2018NIWEEK_332_Samual Taggart_Test Strategies for Project Success" crashes at 20:33. It seems something is wrong with the file. I downloaded it again but that doesn't help. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

I think that video may only be 20:33 long.  The video file that was posted on vimeo (where we are hosting videos for ni.com/coe), is 20:33.  I know there were a few issues with some with some recordings just not sure which ones yet.  Thanks for highlighting this.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:26 AM, Mark Balla said:

Thank for the update on the crashing videos I will re format them and look into the issue.

Last Friday the old server that we are using crashed and so currently it is down.

No videos were lost

I.T. is working on a new solution but may take a week or two.

I will post updates when they become available.

Videos are all now available on ni.com/coe.    They are view only, so no massive time to download large files.  We are missing some videos, and will work to get these up on the coming weeks.  If anyone has questions or concerns, catch me at nancy.henson@ni.com.

We are real exited that we have a portal ni.com/coe that allows us to host the sessions and videos.  NI does not do any official videos of NIWeek tracks.  It's the effort of Mark and others in the community and then a few of us at NI.  Thanks for the patience and let us know if you like this format for viewing

• Like 1
9 hours ago, nhollenback said:

I think that video may only be 20:33 long.  The video file that was posted on vimeo (where we are hosting videos for ni.com/coe), is 20:33.  I know there were a few issues with some with some recordings just not sure which ones yet.  Thanks for highlighting this.

According to the file info it should be 55:46 and it stops suddenly in the middle of the presentation.

On 7/2/2018 at 2:47 PM, nhollenback said:

I was going to ask, but I guess that answers my question.

On 7/3/2018 at 0:03 AM, StefanLemmens said:

According to the file info it should be 55:46 and it stops suddenly in the middle of the presentation.

Thanks!  I'll look into this one.  The video, as posted to Vimeo as 20:33.  I'm having trouble getting onto the tecnova server to grab the rest of the videos and to check on this one.

• 2 months later...