Tree Coords in expand/contract symbol?

Axelwlt

Hi,

In a Mouse Down? on a tree, I need to know if the user clicked on a expand/contract symbol, because I need to discard clicking on items but I still need the expand/contract mechanism.
I would need something similar to the InSymbol from the Point To Row Column method, but for the expand/contract symbol.

How can I do that?

That would tell me if the clicked row is opened after the expand/contract mechanism did something, that's not what I need.

What I need to know is if the user clicked the symbol in the Mouse Down? (not in the Mouse Down or Mouse Up), before the mecahnism can even run.

I don't know if there's a way to figure out if the click was specifically on the expand symbol (other than starting to calculate yourself, which could get messy with nested elements), but can you just make the tree an indicator instead of a control? This will allow you to expand, but not to select. If the selection option is needed, Shaun's code from above should work. I'm not sure about dragging and other features.

There are private events on the tree for Item Close? and Item Open? which is a filtering event and allows you to discard the open and close.  You need the super special private special stuff INI to access these.  Then I'd recommend turning that INI off after.

3 hours ago, hooovahh said:

There are private events on the tree for Item Close? and Item Open? which is a filtering event and allows you to discard the open and close.  You need the super special private special stuff INI to access these.  Then I'd recommend turning that INI off after.

From what I can tell, the Item Close(?) and Item Open(?) events are not private. Maybe they were in a previous LabVIEW release?

I forgot to mention those. I actually started with those events, but my understanding was that the desire is to discard actions on the items, not opening and closing, and for those the open/close events don't really help (unless you plan on registering for both the open/close? event and for the mouse down? event and hope that LV will always process events in the order of the frames and then you can try relying on the lack of the first event to discard the second).

Like I said, I assume making it an indicator would do the job.