Basic Labview Functionality

I'm fairly new to Labview and can do basic programing. However I am trying to design a test application and was wondering if its possible to have multiple front panels. For example, you start the vi and all you see is four buttons, 3 different types of tests and an exit. when the specific test button is selected it brings you to that test specific vi. Just wondering if this is possible. Thanks!

I'm fairly new to Labview and can do basic programing.  However I am trying to design a test application and was wondering if its possible to have multiple front panels.  For example, you start the vi and all you see is four buttons, 3 different types of tests and an exit.  when the specific test button is selected it brings you to that test specific vi.  Just wondering if this is possible.  Thanks!

4746[/snapback]

Hi!

Yes, this is possible.

You must create a subvi. Make your normal vi (e.g. the vi for button 1) and make a subvi highlight everything you want to get as a subvi (toolbar) edit -> create subvi. I thought, if you save this under "user.lib" folder, you can see yours subvi (after restart lv) in the functions of the diagram ( all functions -> own library).

Now you can insert this subvi in your main vi (with only some buttons), and wire this with your button.

I'm no longer sure if you have to make a special setting in the vi options... :book:

Maybee look at this:

http://forums.lavausergroup.org/index.php?showtopic=119

Edit:

If you would like to "pop up" the vi you have to make this settings:

http://forums.lavausergroup.org/index.php?...ype=post&id=384