How to delete phantom controls from a TypeDef

I have created a TypeDef control.  It should be a cluster containing two clusters, two rings controls and two boolean switches (6 items).

unbundle_screenshot_2.JPG.ccc69bfa8bd3cddbd63c4d37221ad87b.JPG

When I put it into a VI and connect it to "unbundle by name" it has 8 items.

unbundle_screenshot_1.JPG.52e0a90848708d33bc61c967a23369af.JPG

Ring_S2 and Boolean shouldn't be there.   Thinking back, when creating the TypeDef (didn't really know what I was doing, I'm learning as I go along) I probably should have used the "Select a control" right-click menu but I may have dragged some controls onto it or used cut and paste.  I have tried "Show hidden controls" in the TypeDef window and it says there are no hidden ones.  I have tried dragging and resizing items to see if there's anything behind them - still no joy!   Can anyone rid me of these pesky remnants?  Surely I don't have to create a new TypeDef from scratch and replace each instance with the new one - that would rather defeat the object of using a TypeDef.

Thanks

Roger

If you attach your .ctl, maybe someone could look into it. Anyway, have you tried to autosize to fit the cluster? My guess are that the extra controls are in there, just far out of your current border.

Reorder controls in cluster might also give you some hint.

53 minutes ago, Roger Moss said:

Surely I don't have to create a new TypeDef from scratch and replace each instance with the new one - that would rather defeat the object of using a TypeDef.

Just open your typedef, create a new cluster (this will temporarily break the typedef), and drag into it the elements you want to keep. When you are done delete the original cluster and apply changes. That saves you from replacing every single instance of it in your codebase.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Roger Moss said:

unbundle_screenshot_1.JPG.52e0a90848708d33bc61c967a23369af.JPG

Another thought - where is the black ear on the cluster icon? I mean, are you sure that this cluster on the BD is really the one you typedef'd? And if it is, and if I look at your FP image, which controls are flag_Z and flag_E? Are "Auto zero-enabled" and "same kind" captions instead of labels?

8 hours ago, GregSands said:

You might also try right-clicking the cluster, and looking at Advanced/Show Hidden Element to see whether there might be controls in the cluster that are hidden. 

Amazing, thank you for the tip.

Certainly easier than the way I do it using VI server when I accidentally hide an element of a cluster!

Has this been in LabVIEW all along and I just never knew about it?