Issue updating VIPM from 2017 to 2018

Posted this on the JKI VIPM forum a week back but haven't gotten a response yet.

I've installed LabVIEW 2018 which also attempted to update VIPM. LabVIEW installed OK, but VIPM failed to install. Been getting the message "The older version of VI Package Manager 2018 f1 cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group." Anyone seen this before?

Tried uninstalling VIPM then reinstalling through LabVIEW installer with no luck.

5 hours ago, Michael Aivaliotis said:

Don't use the NI LabVIEW installer. Use the installer distributed from JKI. Uninstall VIPM then install it form JKI. Never use the NI installer for VIPM.

Hey Michael,

Thanks for the insight. Could you release the installers for the older versions of VIPM so we can fix VIPM installations that got updated/broken by accidentally installing a new version of VIPM with an update of LabVIEW over the top?

That would be awesome :)

I'm sure if you request that from JKI, they could help. But last I recall VIPM typically installs the installer in:

C:\ProgramData\JKI\VI Package Manager 20xx\updates\VIPM

This might have changed, but try there. Also, if the setup isn't there, look for the vipm-update.aiu file in that area. It's a text file that includes a URL to the installer.

PS: I don't work at JKI.