Am I going crazy

15 hours ago, hooovahh said:

Throw in an always copy liberally and I'm guessing things will work start working.  If you can isolate it well enough send it to NI for them to investigate.  What version of LabVIEW and patch level?

This is LV2015 SP1 (not too sure the patch). I suspect the moment I start to chop things out to isolate the problem will just go away.

4 hours ago, smithd said:

Definitely not crazy, I've seen this a few times before.

I'm curious though what happens if you put the indicator on the connpane?

Will try this when I get a moment. 

On 11/28/2018 at 1:36 AM, Neil Pate said:

This is LV2015 SP1 (not too sure the patch). I suspect the moment I start to chop things out to isolate the problem will just go away.

I ran into this several times in the past and haven't experienced it lately.  I'm guessing NI has fixed it in future versions.  It is still annoying and so I'd update to the latest patch level you can in the hopes it is resolved there.  Like I said if you know where there is an issue just add an Always Copy, but the problem is when VIs are behaving that way and you aren't aware of the issue.

31 minutes ago, Aristos Queue said:

Definitely a bug. If you can share the code, it's worth escalating to an AE at NI to see if it is still broken.

Unfortunately I cannot share the whole project but I will see if I can trim out the broken bit and escalate.

At the moment that particular VI is reliably broken, if I take out the "Always Copy" it still shows the weird behaviour, so at least it is consistent.