LabVIEW Not Responding

Hi everyone,

I've been developing a fairly large program using drjdpowell's Messenger Library (over 60 actors so far) and I am encountering slowdowns in the LabVIEW environment (LV2017 SP1) that I've not been able to figure out.

After running my source code multiple times (in order to make edits to the code), I find that the duration of time that I have to wait after stopping the code becomes increasingly long.  Sometimes it get to the point where I need to wait over a minute before I can continue using the LabVIEW environment! 

Is this normal/expected behavior?  It makes using LabVIEW very painful, and it ruins my train of thought. 

Any suggestions on how to improve things?

Thanks,

Bruce

Thanks for your reply.  I have 60 different actors, some are spawning multiple instances, but not many.  I had a video attached to my previous post (sorry for the poor quality), and I routinely encounter long delays when iterating (after about 5 or so iteration of running, stopping, then making edits, then re-running and so on).  I have been in contact with NI support about this problem but so far they haven't come up with anything.  It's been difficult to debug since it doesn't seem to be a problem with small projects, and because of IP/corporate issues, I can't just send the whole project to them.

What's the longest delays you've seen?

Thanks,

Bruce

On 1/3/2019 at 12:37 AM, bmoyer said:

After running my source code multiple times (in order to make edits to the code), I find that the duration of time that I have to wait after stopping the code becomes increasingly long.  Sometimes it get to the point where I need to wait over a minute before I can continue using the LabVIEW environment! 

Any suggestions on how to improve things?

1. In the video, you used the "Abort" button to stop the code. Does the delay still occur if you shut down everything gracefully instead of aborting?
  2. Does the delay still occur if you use File > Save All to save your changes before running again?
  3. Does the delay still occur if you disable "Separate compiled code" for all your VIs and classes?
Edited by JKSH
Change terminology: "Terminate" -> "Abort"