Set a default path when clicking path browse

Neil Pate

5 hours ago, Rolf Kalbermatter said:

For step 2) double click and step 3) you might need to have the option enabled to open the custom control editor on double click

Yes. I set this value in the options (Front Panel>>General>>Open the control editor with double-click) and was able to open the button in a separate editor window by double clicking on it in "customise mode"

6 hours ago, Rolf Kalbermatter said:

which is one of the first things I always enable when installing a new LabVIEW version, right after disabling auto tool and auto wire routing 🤢.

Before or after you tell those darn kids to get off your lawn? :P

Edited by smithd
2 hours ago, smithd said:

Before or after you tell those darn kids to get off your lawn? :P

That's probably after unchecking "place terminals as icons" and is what I shout when disabling the 32&64 bit Web-servers that NI installs (that I didn't ask for) ;)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Neil Pate said:

Sure we all have our preferences, but please don't tell me everyone does this manually on new installs? Maybe I just install LabVIEW *way* too many times a year. Coping the LabVIEW.ini file seems like the only sensible option for me.

Only if you are okay with wiping away all other setting from LabVIEW.  I prefer a package method which edits my LabVIEW.ini leaving the things there that the user or base install has set.  It adds some QuickDrop shortcuts for instance, but if those shortcuts are already taken (because of user preferences) then it leaves them.  On uninstall of the package it removes these shortcuts, but only if they were installed in the first place.

2 hours ago, Neil Pate said:

Sure we all have our preferences, but please don't tell me everyone does this manually on new installs? Maybe I just install LabVIEW *way* too many times a year. Coping the LabVIEW.ini file seems like the only sensible option for me.

I only usully install LabVIEW about every 3 years when the old labtop starts to show signs of going soon death. But then I usually do it for at least about 5 or more LabVIEW versions. HAve recently resolved to put rather old versions on a seperate VM as they tend to get tricky to run on the newest OSes and also newer LabVIEW installs tend to trample more and more on older installations.