Hello? Is this thing on? Testing...

So, I've gotten word that some of y'all are concerned about me because in the last year, I basically vanished from both the LAVA forums and the NI forums other than the Idea Exchange. One person at the CLA Summit in Europe last week wondered if I'd died. 

Honestly, I had no idea that I'd dropped my post frequency down so low. What happened was that in May the forums that I monitor exploded with content. This is generally a good thing -- says the community is vibrant. But it meant that I went from having tens of posts in each forum to hundreds of posts, and the deluge overwhelmed me, and I started ignoring the backlog. That's just turned into a natural attrition. 

I'm going to try to get back to reading (and posting) the forums. I doubt I get back to the high rate of read that I had before -- I've got a lot more internal-to-NI stuff that I deal with on a daily basis these days -- but I intend to get back to posting at least every couple days instead of every couple months. 

And, just to be clear: no, I'm not dead. :-) 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Thanks for the update.  There's lots of reasons to see less activity on the forums.  Life happens, people get stretched, people get bored, people change careers, etc.  I personally try not to take your activity, or others like you, for granted.  And any contribution you make to the community is always appreciated.

8 hours ago, Aristos Queue said:

And, just to be clear: no, I'm not dead. :-) 

To provide the obligatory quote... " It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do. Go through his clothes and look for loose change. "

• Like 1