cDAQ 9133 with windows, no storage

qaiser

Hi Guys,

I have experience with CDAQ RT but CDAQ WES7 is new to me.

I just powered up a new cDAQ-9133 wes7 and it shows that I have no storage space. It only has Window OS and Labview 17 installed.

Does anybody have an idea how I can start building the VI in wes7 if the storage space is zero? Does anyone know how to customize space and recommend any ni tools that I should remove.

11 hours ago, qaiser said:

I just powered up a new cDAQ-9133 wes7 and it shows that I have no storage space. It only has Window OS and Labview 17 installed.

Does anybody have an idea how I can start building the VI in wes7 if the storage space is zero? Does anyone know how to customize space and recommend any ni tools that I should remove.

Your cDAQ should have a few GB at least, right?

Anyway, I prefer to build the VIs in my Windows PC, and then use Application Builder to convert the VIs into an application + installer. After that, I transfer the installer into the cDAQ.

(I also uninstall the LabVIEW development environment from the cDAQ -- this will free up another 1.5 GB)

Yeah these controllers are quite limited on space.  I have a 9132 running wes7 and I was able to install LabVIEW 2018 SP1 development, XNet, DAQmx, and VISA support.  After that the drive has very little space left, like 1GB.  If possible a better option is like what JKSH said and to create an EXE and an installer, then just install that on the device instead of the full IDE.  However debugging things wrong with your application is harder when you don't have a VI to just open and debug.  So either option should be possible for you.  If you are generating large logs you can put in an SD card, or a USB drive and log to that.  It is also a full featured OS so logging to a network is also pretty simple.