How to communicate between my board and Labview

goodsayan

Hello,

I have a board APCI-RELAY8/IN8 (PCI bus) of ARCOM and I would wish to know how to be able to communicate with it with Labview. Which is the type of connection which should be used? serian, parallel, GPIB... I do not see how to make.

I tested by MAX, that does not function.

Can you help me? And give me an exemple of communication?

And can you not use abbreviation in your answers I'm French, thanks.

Hello,

I have a board APCI-RELAY8/IN8 (PCI bus) of ARCOM and I would wish to know how to be able to communicate with it with Labview. Which is the type of connection which should be used? serian, parallel, GPIB... I do not see how to make.

4887[/snapback]

Well, it appears that this is a PCI board. The easiest way to go about this is installing the Windows drivers (I assume you use Widnows here) from Arcom and then using the Call Library Node, call into the Arcom user DLL. This will require from you some basic programming knowledge about C or similar programming. There are several documents on the NI site about how to call external code in LabVIEW using the Call Library Node which should help you understand the details.

NI-MAX won't be of any help here. It is the NI tool to manage NI hardware and has no knowledge whatsever over 3rd party plugin hardware at all. Using an NI board of course would have been a little easier here, but you can make it work with your hardware as well, albeit it will take some more time and work from you.

Rolf Kalbermatter

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I used this card a while back and got it to work using the in port and out port vi's. Try the attached driver, it's for LV 6.1 and works fine on win98. I think you may need to update the in port and out port vi's to get it to work on LV 7.1

Regards

Adrian.

Download File:post-3093-1127851854.vi

Is it necessary to develop drivers with C or other language, and controll the instruments by calling DLL or using CIN? Can we realize all the functions only with labview?

If you use the LabVIEW in port and out port functions then you should not need any other drivers for this card. It is controlled by writing to memory locations to switch th e relays on and off. I think that the base address is usually defaulted to 180 (hex)