Industrial Graphics

I am implementing a LabVIEW controller for an industrial application (HVAC). My client wants graphics of pumps, tanks, and solenoid valves. I have done fairly well with decorations but now he wants them to change color based on status (145116587_FP2019-08-08160454.png.4644d25afd4c2e328fc3a8e44bbfd57b.pngon/off). Does anyone supply a graphics library to handle this?

The DSC module has a few of them, but alas, you can easily create better custom boolean controls yourself

Here is an example of mine. The pipes, the pump PP1 and and all the valves come from DSC, almost all the rest are customized controls.

http://www.weizmann.ac.il/physics/Segre/sites/physics.Segre/files/uploads/snap_2.png

Edited by ensegre

You can programmatically colour decorations. 

The tricky bit is getting a reference to them, as you cannot just look them up by name. What you can do though is figure out their UID and then operate on them by using this number. 

Whatever you do, don't be tempted to access them via their index position in the Decorations array, the order frequently changes and will cause very subtle coloring bugs in your code! 

Edited by Neil Pate
3 hours ago, Neil Pate said:

Whatever you do, don't be tempted to access them via their index position in the Decorations array, the order frequently changes and will cause very subtle coloring bugs in your code! 

Oh yes, I did burn my fingers with that one, I believe you get then sorted on their last modification date or something alike.

Edit :

oh, and by the way : https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Add-Explicit-Decoration-References-to-LabVIEW/idi-p/975701

Edited by Antoine Chalons