Malleable VIs - Nested Malleables - Broken Class adaptation in Malleable VIs in 2019

I have seemingly found an issue with the shipping example code for Nested Malleable VIs.  Another user has verified that he saw the same behavior in 2019.

I am working through the examples and the presentation from NIWeek 2019.  In running the Lesson 2b code (C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2019\examples\Malleable VIs\Nested Malleable VIs) I found the Equals.vi in the class was not being leveraged and the search failed.  When I went to my LabVIEW 2018 machine and ran the Lesson 2b.vi the code worked to find the element by correctly leveraging the in-class Equals.vi.

One difference I see is that in the 2018 example the Equal.vi is in the example folder with the code, and in 2019 the Equal.vi has been moved to VI.lib - otherwise the code looks to be the same.  The Equals.vi code looks identical, and the calling VIM look identical.  I posted on the LabVIEW NI.com forum here: 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-2019-Malleable-VIs-Shipping-Examples-Lesson-2b-Nested/m-p/3966044/highlight/false#M1129678

I am trying to determine what may have broken or changed between the implementation in 2018 and 2019, visually the code looks the same.

Edited by Ryan Vallieu
  • Ryan Vallieu changed the title to Malleable VIs - Nested Malleables - Broken Class adaptation in Malleable VIs in 2019

Broken Class adaptation in Malleable VIs in 2019:

There is a difference in the code that I missed before.  See the attached file with the screen shots.

In LabVIEW 2018 Example Code the top level Search Unsorted 1D Array.vim has in TSS Case 1 the normal Search 1D Array function, but the start index and element are UNWIRED - thus this case would be broken.

In LabVIEW 2019 Example Code the top level Search Unsorted 1D Array.vim has in TSS case 1 the normal Search 1D Array function, but the start index and element are WIRED - thus this case is not broken.  The Assert Structural Type Match function is only configured to look at the Functor input - and thus with it unwired this case is selected.

Malleable Nested VIM - Lesson 2B Convert to Instances.pdf

• 1 month later...