LabVIEW 8 Release Date

I just found this post from awhile ago, looks cool...

http://forums.lavausergroup.org/index.php?...16&hl=labview+8

Does anyone have any idea when version 8 will be released based on previous release dates? Does NI usually issue new releases every 12 months? 16 months? 18 months? Any guesstimates when it will hit the shelves? Maybe we should have a wager with a prize for the person who guesses closest :)

I just found this post from awhile ago, looks cool...

http://forums.lavausergroup.org/index.php?...16&hl=labview+8

Does anyone have any idea when version 8 will be released based on previous release dates?  Does NI usually issue new releases every 12 months? 16 months? 18 months?  Any guesstimates when it will hit the shelves?  Maybe we should have a wager with a prize for the person who guesses closest :)

4957[/snapback]

Most folks who know, aren't allowed to say. Also this tends to change around a lot, as NI decides which features will be ready in time and which ones will have to wait. One thing to note, is that NI has hinted that the next version will have lots of new features; so, it will naturally take a while.

As a rule of thumb, and a very broad and nebulous thumb at that ... and I can say because I definitely DON'T know when it will be released, but it works out to about every 18 months* per release.

As Jim indicates the bigger and better, the longer ...

* Based upon a broad consideration of my dim recollection of things and not based AT ALL on any actual release dates.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...