Close VI without 'Save Dialog'

Is it possible to get rid of the 'save VI' dialog that pops up when you close a VI that has been changed.

Let me explain. I have created a multi page application using templates but when you try to close a page the 'Save VI' dialog pops up because the instance of the template hasn't been saved yet.

I could programmatically save the VI in a temp directory but I was wondering if there is a better way of doing it.

Is it possible to get rid of the 'save VI' dialog that pops up when you close a VI that has been changed.

Let me explain. I have created a multi page application using templates but when you try to close a page the 'Save VI' dialog pops up because the instance of the template hasn't been saved yet.

I could programmatically save the VI in a temp directory but I was wondering if there is a better way of doing it.

5034[/snapback]

Hi Simon,

Well, as far as I know, there are two way you can use template(s) to create an instance. First is you double click on the template and second is to use the VI-Server to programmatically create an instance. In your case, looks like you are using the first method you would have to deal with the popups. If you were to use the VI-Server you would want the template VI to be able to break the loop before when your top level handler execution is stopped (or exits). This way you would never see an popup to save the vi's. This is just my experience. Hope this help.

:)

Best Regards,

Iqbal