How to get blur effect

raoul

Hello Forum !

I am looking for any external code to get blur effect into some of my FP. Is there any chance to blur a text or any  control or the background of the FP window.

Do you know any labview-compliant dotnet components that can realise this and  wich can be easily integrated into a vi. I ’ve searched on the web but my knowlegde about winforms and WFP is null.

Any dotnet solution that could blur the FP background would be wonderfull.

It seems  user32.dll would be able to do that  . But I can’t find the way for this.

Any example on your side ?

Already ok is this :

• I ’m not looking for a way to change programmaticaly  the FP window background transparency . The user32.dll is ok for this.
  • I don’t want to blur an image with a gaussian filtre. (I can do that)

My english language is not good, sorry for the mistakes and for the style.☹️

Edited by raoul
1 hour ago, raoul said:

It seems  user32.dll would be able to do that  . But I can’t find the way for this.

If your looking for the Aero style blur, then that is achieved using "SetWindowCompositionAttribute". I haven't used it, I'm just aware of it, but you'll probably find examples on Github.

Edited by ShaunR

Oh Thanks a lot  ShaunR !  I will study your vi this night. Very interesting.

what advice would you give to someone who wants to learn how to make this kind of vi? My level is too bad in C to translate C into labview. (that’s why I like dotnet controls 😉, work is already done).

Is there a book or a website you could recommend for C beginers ?

see you later ! 🙂

6 hours ago, raoul said:

what advice would you give to someone who wants to learn how to make this kind of vi?

Get someone else to do it.

It requires knowledge of the memory organisation of LabVIEW and C (and how different structures are allocated and stored) and most of the time a small error will completely crash LabVIEW.

7 hours ago, raoul said:

Is there a book or a website you could recommend for C beginers ?

I would suggest asking on a C forum.