Show Class Hierarchy Broken

Has anyone ever seen this? I've tried renaming my Labview.ini file, but no change.

It was working fine earlier today, but somehow it appears my Class Hierarchy view has broken. Any class I try to view comes up with an empty window (or sometimes a box with thin borders) and if I hit the Actual Size or Fit to Window buttons then I end up with this.

image.png.e21c3e0a00d9aead3d8d67444d820a61.png

Got (the same?) issue with LV 2019 Version 19.0.1f1 (32-bit):

image.png.6def1ebc9c620fb10a5756fc07cdb93f.png

One thing I noticed, if you try to box-select inside this window, it behaves irrationally, like a panel that was moved to far on the X or Y axis. Maybe that's a clue?

Edited by LogMAN

Okay... and just to make this weirder, now it's working again.

I'm not sure what happened to fix it, but I had the Actor Framework Fundamentals example open decided to try it... and it worked. So I tried creating a new empty project and class and... it works. 😲

Unfortunately, I don't know how I broke it or how I fixed it, so I'm not sure how to prevent it from happening again or what to do if it does. 😅

image.png.4f4d2cf89216c973e8316f4b565eae3b.png

Tested on two machines, same version, same issue. Selection box is an issue only on one machine, though. Found another strange behavior: When using View >> Always Show Labels and View >> Actual Size, this happens:

image.png.83897bc733586e911582ad58505e8378.png

😕

2 hours ago, Jim B said:

I'm not sure what happened to fix it, but I had the Actor Framework Fundamentals example open decided to try it... and it worked. So I tried creating a new empty project and class and... it works. 😲

Thanks, that fixed it for me too. However, only after opening the Launcher.vi. It didn't work by simply opening the example project. Than again, restarting LabVIEW unfixes it.

Turns out, it sort of works when you open the class hierarchy window from inside a VI (an empty VI works as well). Steps to reproduce:

• Start LabVIEW
  • Create new project
  • Add new class to the project
  • Open the class hierarchy window => notice that the window is broken
  • Create a new VI
  • Open the class hierarchy window => fixed

🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, LogMAN said:

Thanks, that fixed it for me too. However, only after opening the Launcher.vi. It didn't work by simply opening the example project. Than again, restarting LabVIEW unfixes it.

Yes... Apparently believed it was "fixed" a bit prematurely. It breaks again after closing LabVIEW and restarting. (It stays fixed if only closing all projects and returning to the launch screen.)

I can confirm your steps to reproduce as well.

I'm happy to report that I can reproduce your bug in LV 2019.

I'm even happier to report that I cannot reproduce your bug in LV 2020. We did some work on that window for the new release, including some much needed refactoring. Whatever we did seems to have cured this issue. So it'll be fixed soon. I'm glad you have a workaround.

• Like 2