Multiple LV2 Globals From One VI

Alright I know there's a way to do it. I've seen it posted before and can't find the old posts now for the life of me. I don't want to just copy my LV2 global and then have to make duplicate changes every time I change something internally during the development process.

I remember vaguely something about making the LV2 global re-entrant then using a wrapper for each instance--something like that--seems like you would still have to add controls and indicators to each wrapper if the guts changed though.

What's the best way to do this? (Or where are the posts if it's been posted previously?)

That was indeed a much earlier post on LV2 globals... I re-read that before posting this time though--it does not have the information I'm looking for (unless I missed it the second time skimming through).

I now understand LV2 globals and how they function but whenever I have used one I have only needed to use one instance of it. Now the case has arisen where I may want to have two instances of the same global, ie, two different data sets. The painful way to do it would be to make a copy of the LV2 VI and rename it two a second file. As I said though, I'm almost sure I've read a better way to do it... one where the same file can be instantiated or something of the sort, which would not require duplicate changes if the core functionality needed to be updated.

I now understand LV2 globals and how they function but whenever I have used one I have only needed to use one instance of it. Now the case has arisen where I may want to have two instances of the same global, ie, two different data sets. The painful way to do it would be to make a copy of the LV2 VI and rename it two a second file. As I said though, I'm almost sure I've read a better way to do it... one where the same file can be instantiated or something of the sort, which would not require duplicate changes if the core functionality needed to be updated.

5073[/snapback]

The idea of many of the same data sets or Objects is the reason GOOP was created. Try looking into the OpenG Goop.

If not how about

Instead of one Cluster in your LV2 global why not use an Array of them. Then create a terminal that specifies which element in the array to

operate on.