3D graphs on control tabs

I would like to use a tab control to show a 2D graph on one tab and a 3D graph on the other. Putting the XY graph control on tab 1 works just fine, but when I put the 3D parametric surface control on the other tab, it shows up on both and changes to the graph size, etc. on one tab are reflected on the other. Is there any way to control the 3D graph on each tab so I could either a) have it appear on only one tab or b) if it must appear on both have it different sizes and at different positions? A solution for LabView 6.0 would be ideal, but solutions for later versions would be appreciated too.

Thank you!

Sarah Hynes

Tab controls have always been problematic for NI... little glitches here and there. They fix more and more of the glitches with each release but there are still some left :) . At any rate, judging by the fact that I can't reduplicate your problem, if it's a glitch with the tab control it's probably been fixed already... there have been a lot of changes since version 6.0 so the obvious 'fix' is to upgrade to the latest and greatest.

If you can't upgrade however, perhaps someone else might be able to help you with a workaround.

Tab controls have always been problematic for NI... little glitches here and there.  They fix more and more of the glitches with each release but there are still some left :) .  At any rate, judging by the fact that I can't reduplicate your problem, if it's a glitch with the tab control it's probably been fixed already... there have been a lot of changes since version 6.0 so the obvious 'fix' is to upgrade to the latest and greatest.

If you can't upgrade however, perhaps someone else might be able to help you with a workaround.

5068[/snapback]

I can get the latest version, but I wanted to make sure I had to before I did, so thank you so much for your help :worship:

A solution for LabView 6.0 would be ideal ...

5067[/snapback]

If my memory is correct, this was a relatively common problem in LV v6.0 which was fixed ... to a large degree ... in v6.0.1 or 6.0.2. The patch for v6.0.2 was/is free and is available here. There were glitches in LV6.02 as well, but they were definitely fewer.

If my memory is correct, this was a relatively common problem in LV v6.0 which was fixed ... to a large degree ... in v6.0.1 or 6.0.2.  The patch for v6.0.2 was/is free and is available here.  There were glitches in LV6.02 as well, but they were definitely fewer.

5075[/snapback]

Well, have done similar stuff I did see that problem with LV6. After upgrading to LV7+ I have not see that again. However, there are bugs in the 3D graph. As far as I remember I made the default tab of the 3D graph and you initialize the program then switch to other tab programmatically. The idea is to load the FP with 3D on top of everything else. That way you can get away with that bug in LV6. Try it.

:)

Iqbal