LabVIEW 2020 Community Edition on Raspberry 3 B v1.2

Hey Community,

at first I want to introduce myself.

My name is Heiko from Germany. I also ask for understanding for my English as I'm not a native speaker.

I was very happy to hear that the new LabVIEW Community Version was released, because you can now implement very simple projects with the Raspberry.

Immediately I tried to connect my Raspberry 3 B to the LINX Target Configuration to LabVIEW.
Unfortunately there encountered some problems during the installation, which and I hope you can help me with.

After I had successfully connected to my Raspberry, I received the following message during installation.

"The target LINUX partition is only 5GB of the available 7GB. It is recomendet to expant the partition."

After I expanded the partion with the Configuraton tool, I received a message that ererything was sucesfull.

But I have to say that I expanded the LINUX Partition manually bervore (via fdisk) to the mximum capacaty of my 32 GB card.

After I continued with the installation I receided the following message. (copy from the log.txt)

+++++Beginning of the Log.txt+++++

Connecting to target...
Unable to connect to the target.  Please make sure the specified Hostname/IP, Username and Password are correct and try again.  If this problem persists please search then create a thread on the Makerhub forums at labviewmakerhub.com/forums/linx.
Unable to connect to the target.
Ignoring Error: 5000 LMH-LINX.lvlib:SSH Smart Open Session.vi<ERR>
Unable to connect to the target.  Please make sure the specified Hostname/IP, Username and Password are correct and try again.  If this problem persists please search then create a thread on the Makerhub forums at labviewmakerhub.com/forums/linx.
Device interrogation failed: Unable to connect to the target.
OS Version: 
CPU: 
Systemd Version: 
Has Internet Access: False
Device Type: 

Ignoring Error: 5000 LMH-LINX.lvlib:SSH Smart Open Session.vi<ERR>
Connecting to target...
Successfully connected to target.
Successfully connected to the target.
Target configuration updated.
OS Version: 10.3
CPU: BCM2835
Systemd Version: 
Has Internet Access: True
Device Type: Raspberry Pi 2 B

Connecting to target...
Systemd Version: 

Warnings dialog cancelled.
Install cancelled.
Connecting to target...
Systemd Version: 

Connecting to target...
Systemd Version: 

Expanding file system.
Rebooting Target...
Warnings dialog continued.
blacklist spi-bcm2708is not present.dtparam=spi=on already exists.i2c-dev already exists.i2c-bcm2708 
blacklist i2c-bcm2708is not present.dtparam=i2c1=on
dtparam=i2c_arm=on already exists.
Adding MakerHub feed...
MakerHub Feed Already Exists
Updating package index.  This may take over 30 seconds depending on your internet speed...
OK:1 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster InRelease
OK:2 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian buster InRelease
Ign:3 http://feeds.labviewmakerhub.com/debian binary/ InRelease
Fehl:4 http://feeds.labviewmakerhub.com/debian binary/ Release
  404  Not Found [IP: 54.86.245.246 80]
Paketlisten werden gelesen...
Installing LabVIEW...
Paketlisten werden gelesen...
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut....
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen....
Rebooting Target...
Checking target status...

Installation failed.  If this is the first time the installation has failed try again.  If this error persists search, then post on the LabVIEW MakerHub forumsat labviewmakerhub.com/forums/linx.
Systemd Version: 
Device Type: Raspberry Pi 2 B"

+++++END of the Log.txt+++++

In the log text the device type Raspberry Pi 2 B is mentioned, but I have an Raspberry Pi 3 B.

Even if the installation failed, I was able to start the sample project (LED).

After I restarted the system, I was unable to establish a connection to the Raspberry and received the message "Connection to dhcpcd lost".

What can cause this problem and how can I solve it?

Thank you for the reply and your support. I followed your instruction and I don't received any message concerning the partition.

So the problem with the partition is solved.

But before the installation was finished the following error message was shown.

+++beginning of the message+++

Installation failed.  If this is the first time the installation has failed try again.  If this error persists search, then post on the LabVIEW MakerHub forumsat labviewmakerhub.com/forums/linx.
Systemd Version: 

+++end of the message+++

Never the less the example project was running once.

After rebooted the pi I can't get any connection to it.

The strange thing is that I haven't changes any IP address or network settings.

I also tried to post this problem to the MakerHub forum, but I haven't received any reply.

254/5000

Ok i found the problem. Since the Raspi did not always connect independently in the explorer project, I replaced the host name "raspberry" in the target configuration under the network settings with the ip address. This has probably destroyed the DHCPCD host.
254/5000

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am using Raspberry pi 2B with Labview 2020 community edition,I could be able to connect to RPi but in the project explorer i am getting error when trying to connect and deploy Labview code to RPi

please help if i have to install labview manually on the RPi or anyother method to work this connection

I got stucked in middle of my work,please help on this scenario

Screenshot attached, please some one help on this 

Pi2 with LV 2020 error.PNG

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello guys,

I had issues like that also. The 5V supply I was using was 2.1A, after changing for a 2.5A as specified the installation won't fail anymore, hope this helps.

Another problem I had was that I had both LINX versions installed on my PC at the same time, make sure you're using the one from NI that works with LabVIEW 2020, the other one uses 2014.

Jimmy

• 9 months later...
On 03.05.2020 at 07:24, Michael Aivaliotis said:

У меня такая же доска. Вот что я сделал.

1. Загрузите RaspBerry Pi Imager v1.2  и используйте его для форматирования карты microSD, используемой для Raspi. Выберите первую рекомендованную ОС: Raspbian
  2. Загрузите Pi с помощью клавиатуры и мыши. Пройдите через конфигурацию запуска (установка обновлений и т. Д.) И настройку Wi-Fi. Когда вас попросят ввести новый пароль, не обращайте на него внимания и просто нажмите «Далее». Перезагрузитесь, как было предложено.
  3. Перейдите в конфигурацию RaspBerry Pi и на вкладке Интерфейсы включите SSH.
  4. Откройте командную строку на raspi и введите:  sudo raspi-config
    1. Выберите 7: Advanced
    2. Выберите A1: развернуть файловую систему . (это расширит файловую систему, если она еще не расширена)
    3. Перезагрузить
  5. В LabVIEW выберите Инструменты> MakerHub> LINX> LINX Target Configuration.
  6. Нажмите кнопку подключения, и он должен подключиться. Имя хоста: raspberrypi , имя пользователя: pi , пароль: raspberrypi . Это все значения по умолчанию.
  7. Щелкните кнопку Установка.
  8. Нажмите кнопку «Обновить» на странице установки. он должен пройти процесс обновления. В какой-то момент распи перезагрузится. это часть процесса. Когда raspi перезагружается, диалоговое окно целевой конфигурации LINX потеряет соединение и выдаст ошибку. Это нормально. для повторного подключения потребуется некоторое время. В конце концов, он должен вернуться. Если нет, нажмите кнопку «Подключение» и попробуйте подключиться.
  9. На панели установки теперь должна отображаться установленная версия:
    Снимок экрана 2020-05-02 в 21.05.11 PM.png
  10. Щелкните "Пример запуска".
  11. В LabVIEW щелкните правой кнопкой мыши Raspberry Pi Target и выберите «Подключиться». Это должно показать диалоговое окно прогресса развертывания, и после подключения в целевом дереве появится небольшой зеленый индикатор.
    Снимок экрана 2020-05-02 в 21.07.40 PM.png Снимок экрана 2020-05-02 в 21.09.49 PM.png
  12. Теперь у вас должна быть возможность выполнить (запустить) VI.
  13. Теперь все должно быть хорошо.

Иногда вы попытаетесь подключиться в проекте, и тогда вы получите сообщение об отсутствии подключения. Если это произойдет, просто подождите и попробуйте еще раз. Я считаю, что соединение более надежное, если вы используете IP-адрес raspi вместо DNS-имени. Чтобы указать IP-адрес, щелкните правой кнопкой мыши цель Raspberry Pi и выберите «Отключить». Затем щелкните правой кнопкой мыши еще раз и выберите свойства. В общем, введите IP-адрес распи. Затем нажмите ОК. Чтобы узнать IP-адрес raspi, введите: hostname -I в командной строке raspi.

Я думаю, что причина, по которой в сообщении журнала указано Raspberry Pi 2 B, заключается в том, что набор инструментов LINX старый, и это сообщение, вероятно, не было обновлено для обработки всех новых плат, которые вышли с момента выпуска? Не уверен. Я получаю то же сообщение в своей системе, хотя на плате стоит Pi3.

I did everything as you wrote and everything became ok. thank you, I tried for several hours before I read your message.