XY Graph Scrollbar not working when made visible programmatically

I have a XY graph to display the trend of temperature over time. I am making the plot legend scrollbar visible based on number of plots I have. If I enabled it using the property node, I am not able to click on the scroll bar and move it. But I am able to use the mouse wheel to scroll. Please help me why this is happening.

As a workaround, I made the legend scroll bar visible from the right click option on the graph and saved it. And I am not changing the visibility through property node and this works fine.

Temp plot testing.vi

• Thanks 1

There is something wrong with that control for sure.  It isn't disabled, and the other thing I checked was if you customize the control I thought maybe there were elements over top of the scroll bar but that isn't it either.  If you manually turn off and then on the scroll bars it works again but only until you call the property node that sets them on again.  One fix I found was that after you enable the vertical scroll bar, disable it, and then enable it again.  Another thing that worked was I replaced the whole graph with another style and it was fine so it is something with that control.  I did all of this in 2020 since I don't have 2019 on this machine so I'm not sure if it behaves differently there.

Untitled.png.3ba5885729d375f7697069c1bbc6bb3d.png

Ah Ah ! I had noticed this "non working scrollbar" thing for a while, but couldn't find the time to investigate the nature of the problem. I had also figured that the mouse wheel worked, and indeed I play with the visibility as you do. Thanks for nailing it. Now write the simplest standalone VI you can that demonstrates the problem and please file a bug report with NI (https://sine.ni.com/srm/app/newrequest), answer the questions of the engineer who will contact you and let us know when you get a CAR number. Or if that is too much to ask, let us know and I will do it (you will need a  current SSL to be able to file a support request).

As Hoovah said, Graphs are bug-ridden and have for eons and with NXG around the corner decade future, I wouldn't hold my breath for a fix. But who knows...

On 5/19/2020 at 5:20 AM, hooovahh said:

One fix I found was that after you enable the vertical scroll bar, disable it, and then enable it again. 

Untitled.png.3ba5885729d375f7697069c1bbc6bb3d.png

Can't get that to work systematically. Sometimes it does the trick, sometimes it doesn't. I believe this is worth reporting as a bug.

While this could be a wrong hunch, I wonder whether this might be due to the narrow scrollbar width in the NXG graph legend. Notice that it is narrower than that of a NXG array (shown on the right below). It is definitely narrower than that of the silver style graph legend (shown second from the top left), which is narrower than the modern graph legend (shown last on the left). The latter is of the same width as the classic graph legend.

The reason I am suspecting this is that I have seen something similar in a utility that was supposed to return the clicked element in an array (https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Code/Determine-Clicked-Array-Element-Index-in-LabVIEW/tac-p/4040339/highlight/true#M14360) and failed with silver and NXG arrays because the border sizes and other details of controls have changed from style to style, and the underlying routines have not been updated.

245593348_ScreenShot2020-05-20at16_21_22.png.2b5a3f8d153ca8135d271bc5b77d10d4.png

In any case, this is annoying enough to be reported.