Installation Failed Raspberry Pi 3b (and 4)

I am working with a Raspberry Pi 3b and am having trouble with running the LINX Target Configuration on it. I had initially done this without issue. Then I reformatted the SD card and tried to do this on a Raspberry Pi 4 and the installation failed. I formatted the card again and tried to go back to the 3b and cannot get it to work. I had installed the LINX package from VIPM when working with it initially and that seemed to fix some connection issues in the labview code, but it also changed the target configuration wizard. I've uninstalled the toolkit, repaired the LV installation and it is back to the original wizard, but still it is giving me an issue.

Now I finally have an error log to look at and there seems to be an issue with the feed from Labviewmakerhub as shown below (also it thinks it's a Pi 2 b for some reason, but it did that the first time too):

Connecting to target...
Successfully connected to target.
Successfully connected to the target.
Target configuration updated.
OS Version: 10.3
CPU: BCM2835
Systemd Version: 
Has Internet Access: True
Device Type: Raspberry Pi 2 B

Connecting to target...
Successfully connected to the target.
Systemd Version: 

blacklist spi-bcm2708is not present.dtparam=spi=on already exists.i2c-dev already exists.i2c-bcm2708 
blacklist i2c-bcm2708is not present.dtparam=i2c1=on
dtparam=i2c_arm=on already exists.
Adding MakerHub feed...
MakerHub Feed Already Exists
Updating package index.  This may take over 30 seconds depending on your internet speed...
Ign:1 http://feeds.labviewmakerhub.com/debian binary/ InRelease
Err:2 http://feeds.labviewmakerhub.com/debian binary/ Release
  404  Not Found [IP: 54.86.245.246 80]
Hit:3 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian buster InRelease
Hit:4 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster InRelease
Reading package lists...
Installing LabVIEW...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Rebooting Target...
Checking target status...

Installation failed.  If this is the first time the installation has failed try again.  If this error persists search, then post on the LabVIEW MakerHub forumsat labviewmakerhub.com/forums/linx.
Systemd Version: 

Any suggestions on what to try next?

LINX_Log.txt

So, I decided to try formatting the SD card once more and running the repaired LINX installer. That seems to have solved my problem. However, I am a little disturbed that installing the LINX package broke the built-in LINX tools and seemingly reverted them to the LV 2014 version. I don't think I did anything out of the box here, just opened the VI Package Browser and installed the LINX toolkit.

Right, if running LV community, you have everything you need. No need to install anything from VIPM. In fact it will make it worse.

The reason why the log message states Raspberry Pi 2 B (I stated elsewhere), is because the LINX toolkit has an old hardcoded message internally that does not trigger off the actual board model. @Darren, this should be fixed becasue it's confusing.

16 minutes ago, Michael Aivaliotis said:

The reason why the log message states Raspberry Pi 2 B (I stated elsewhere), is because the LINX toolkit has an old hardcoded message internally that does not trigger off the actual board model. @Darren, this should be fixed becasue it's confusing.

I filed Bug 1039468 on this issue.

• Thanks 1

I had originally left things as is. However, there was an error with the LMH-LINX I2C Open VI when I tried to run it in an example program. It was an unknown error. That is what prompted me to pull down the LINX toolkit from VIPM thinking there was a more up to date version. This did resolve the error and things worked after that. Until I tried to configure another Pi. Is the LMH-LINX toolkit also included with LV2020CE? I supposed it's possible that I had that dependency included in the example code I was running (The Automation Hat code from MediaMongrels that I grabbed from the VIWeek presentation) and it was somehow out of date.

If this is of interest I can recreate this as it's just in a VM. I don't like that installing the package broke the tool included in CE, but I will not make that mistake again 😀