Looking For a Digital Scale

GentlemanS

Hello all,

I'm looking for a recommendation on a digital scale that I can buy that is easy to use and plays well with LabVIEW.

The scale we're using now relies on 3rd party software that is not (easily) compatible with windows 10, so setting it up will not be practical going forward.

Ideally, the scale would be able to support 3.2kg have a resolution of about 10mg . If anyone has a product they've used before and particularly enjoyed using, I'd love to hear about it.  

We've been using these Scales by Sartorius.  They were Denver Instruments scales incorporated into Sartorius.  I don't recall the measurement resolutions, but I do know that they are extremely sensitive.  They're USB devices detected by Windows as a Serial COM port device and we use serial commands to interface them (e.g. NI VISA).

However, we have had some that stop responding to serial commands over time.  Sartorius wasn't much help with the issue though.  In the end we ended up taking one apart and rerouting a ribbon cable or otherwise messing with cables to get it to communicate more reliably.  We do have another scale that we haven't been able to fix with that method that is just currently sitting on a shelf as it's warranty ran out and we just keep it for manual measurements.