IS there a way to save file in a external PC without LabVIEW but developed in Host PC LabVIEW may be via CAN communication

Hello Everyone,

I need to save or send my LabVIEW file from my PC (which contain LabVIEW) to a external PC without LabVIEW program. Is there anyone who has done that. what are the way to send or save LabVIEW .txt file to the external PC. Both PC are connected via USB Cable or LAN Cable.

Are you meaning a *.txt file generated from a LabVIEW program saved onto a remote PC?  You should be able to set up a shared folder with appropriate permissions on your remote PC and have LabVIEW save the file to the share.  I won't get into the details since there's gobs of info on the internet on how to set up shares. 

Once it's set up, you can just have your LabVIEW program point to the path of the shared folder.  For example: If your remote PC name is "REMOTEHOST", you name the shared directory as "LabVIEWDATA", and your text file name is going to be "TestData.txt", the file path for your text file would be (on a Windows machine): "\\REMOTEHOST\LabVIEWDATA\TestData.txt".  You can optionally replace the "REMOTEHOST" with the IP address of the remote machine, but if it's a DHCP assigned address, it could change on you in the future. 

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Are you meaning a *.txt file generated from a LabVIEW program saved onto a remote PC?  You should be able to set up a shared folder with appropriate permissions on your remote PC and have LabVIEW save the file to the share.  I won't get into the details since there's gobs of info on the internet on how to set up shares. 

Once it's set up, you can just have your LabVIEW program point to the path of the shared folder.  For example: If your remote PC name is "REMOTEHOST", you name the shared directory as "LabVIEWDATA", and your text file name is going to be "TestData.txt", the file path for your text file would be (on a Windows machine): "\\REMOTEHOST\LabVIEWDATA\TestData.txt".  You can optionally replace the "REMOTEHOST" with the IP address of the remote machine, but if it's a DHCP assigned address, it could change on you in the future. 

Thank you Bryan for your suggetion. Do you know any example of sharing data with external PC connected via LAN cable. I am not able to figure out how to share data and save my .csv file directly in a external PC(containing no LabVIEW). I would be very thankful.

Well, the developers of the two applications will have to agree to a protocol to communicating with each other.  Once you have that figured out, go into the LabVIEW Example Finder and there is an example project for TCP/IP communications.

3 hours ago, Grv Chy said:

Thank you Bryan for your suggetion. Do you know any example of sharing data with external PC connected via LAN cable. I am not able to figure out how to share data and save my .csv file directly in a external PC(containing no LabVIEW). I would be very thankful.

The Internet is loaded with examples of file sharing, so I don't really want to reinvent the wheel by writing up a tutorial.  A Google search will yield tons of tutorials and examples and you can even search based on your computers' operating systems.  

For W10, Microsoft has the following article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4092694/windows-10-file-sharing-over-a-network