LV2020 Slow To Create SubVI

I have been using LV2020 for a bit recently and have noticed that it is extremely slow to create a SubVI from a selection. This is the kind of thing I do quite often and I am used to it happening mostly instantaneously. In LV2020 this operation now causes the LabVIEW process to ramp up CPU usage and my laptop fans start to spin noisily and about 30s later I get my SubVI.

Anyone else seen this?

Sounds like the compiler is busy figuring things out.
Just tested it on the QMH template and it is as fast as always (1-2 seconds). That said, the template is not very complex. Do you get better results with a simple project like that?

24 minutes ago, LogMAN said:

Sounds like the compiler is busy figuring things out.
Just tested it on the QMH template and it is as fast as always (1-2 seconds). That said, the template is not very complex. Do you get better results with a simple project like that?

Just did a quick test. Started LV2020, did not start or open a project just created a new VI. Did some simple stuff and then created a Sub VI from some of the diagram contents. Just doing this took nearly 30s šŸ˜ž

2 hours ago, Darren said:

Try mass compiling theĀ [LabVIEW 2020]\resourceĀ folder? LabVIEW should install the compiled cache for this already, but maybe something got messed up?

Nice tip Darren, thanks that did seem to work.

Got heaps of errors when mass compiling though! Will do it again sometime and log the results to disk.

I'm glad that helped. But that also tells us that your installed compiled cache for core LabVIEW was either missing or somehow broken. You may want to consider repairing your LabVIEW 2020 install, or doing a mass compile of the whole LabVIEW folder, to make sure your core compiled object cache is up to date.

2 minutes ago, Darren said:

I'm glad that helped. But that also tells us that your installed compiled cache for core LabVIEW was either missing or somehow broken. You may want to consider repairing your LabVIEW 2020 install, or doing a mass compile of the whole LabVIEW folder, to make sure your core compiled object cache is up to date.

Cool, I will do the full mass compile this evening.