Selecting multiple folder paths at the same time?

caleyjag

I'm aware of this thread over at NI:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/select-multiple-files-and-folders/td-p/3049461

I have an application where I want to manually select a handful of folders (which in my case live in the same directory) and automatically fill their paths into an array.

As stated in the discussion linked above, the File Dialog express VI offers a mode to select multiple files, but as I can tell it does not offer the functionality to select multiple folders.

Am I missing an obvious solution?

I'm kind of unsure whether this could be accomplished with a common File Dialog or an underlying yellow File Dialog and its ExtFileDialog internal function. But you could switch to .NET and use some third party libraries available. One of those is BetterFolderBrowser proposed here. I have just tested it on both 32- and 64-bit LabVIEW 2019/2020 and it works great. Here's the basic example:

Example_VI_BD.png.33b3e3b0daebdbc9a129bcc551e27281.png

Untitled 1.vi

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 5:07 AM, dadreamer said:

I'm kind of unsure whether this could be accomplished with a common File Dialog or an underlying yellow File Dialog and its ExtFileDialog internal function. But you could switch to .NET and use some third party libraries available. One of those is BetterFolderBrowser proposed here. I have just tested it on both 32- and 64-bit LabVIEW 2019/2020 and it works great. Here's the basic example:

Example_VI_BD.png.33b3e3b0daebdbc9a129bcc551e27281.png

Untitled 1.vi 8.07 kB · 5 downloads

I wasn't able to get the BetterFolderBrowser DLL working on my system unfortunately. 

10 hours ago, caleyjag said:

I wasn't able to get the BetterFolderBrowser DLL working on my system unfortunately. 

Could you elaborate on the problem you are facing? If you received Error 1386: The Specified .NET Class is Not Available in LabVIEW, then you most likely should unblock the DLL downloaded first and only after that you launch LabVIEW and run that example. See this article for the details.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...