Create custom "Method override" window

kosist90

Dear all,

I was asking this question also on NI forum, but didn't get answer yet (https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Create-custom-quot-Method-override-quot-window/m-p/4075683). Let me ask the same question here.

Is there a way to customize "Method override" window, to include there some more features (like proposed here , for example)? I was checking this library (C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\resource\Framework\Providers\LVClassLibrary\NewAccessors\MemberVICreation.lvlib) and found method CLSUIP_CreateOverride.vi (C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\resource\Framework\Providers\LVClassLibrary\NewAccessors\CLSUIP_CreateOverride.vi). But it seems, that this is not the one which calls dialog window.

I do not want to change override logic, just would like to add more features to window which allows to select the VI to override. So I'm curious, whether this is possible - or better would be to implement custom Project Provider for that...

Thanks a lot in advance!

I don't think this window is available as VI. It is probably one of those built-in windows. Even if it isn't, you'll probably be better off doing your own tool. The recreation of the current override VI generation shouldn't be very complicated, and you could use anything available in MemberVICreation.lvlib to save some work. Project Provider for it is really just a quality-of-life addition, your tool will work as well (or even better :D) with a simple class selector drop-down list.

• Thanks 1

I agree, the window is most likely built-in so there is no way to change it. Not sure if this is useful, but there is a way to customize the behavior of the override retooler:
https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Use-of-MUST-OVERRIDE/m-p/3286047/highlight/true?profile.language=en#M960301

This could be useful if you want to change the general outcome of the override operation (i.e. add an error case, remove the Call Parent function, etc.).

Edited by LogMAN