Hi all

I need to test my LV RT update without real target (cRIO-9045) and I don't need to use the real I/O module and real FPGA, I want to test only the interface betwwen host application (on PC) and RT application (cRIO).

To do that I've used
1) "ni-linux-rt-pxi-system-image-2019.09_19.5_online_repack2.exe"
       to download the iso file : standard_x64_recovery.iso (84 MB)
2) After I 've Created a VM with Oracle VM 6.1 + “Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-6.1.12.vbox-extpack”
      Below the VM settings :

a) Linux Ubuntu 64bit and 2GB RAM                                                                          b) 10 GB 

1.JPG       2.JPG

c) EFI selected                                                            d)  USB 3 controller for keyboard

3.JPG5.JPG

e) selected the *.iso file                                          

6.JPG

3) after run ("avvia") and with keyboard arrow select "verbose mode" (keep in mind, the keyboards now works)

7.jpg

but when the installation arrives at the first choice option I'm not able to select anything because the keyboards on VM doesn't work

Any suggestion?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Ratataplam said:

7.jpg

but when the installation arrives at the first choice option I'm not able to select anything because the keyboards on VM doesn't work

You're almost there. The NI Linux Real-Time Recovery system is incompatible with the VM's keyboard^.

When you reach the prompt, "Do you want to continue? [y/N]", make sure you have a physical USB keyboard connected to your PC. "Insert" it into your VM (on English VirtualBox, it's Devices > USB > [Name of USB Keyboard]), then use the USB keyboard to enter "y". You might need to try different keyboards; I found that:

• Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 did not work
  • Logitech K235 worked

^Earlier, you were able to select "Verbose mode" with the VM keyboard because you were still in the GRUB bootloader, not in the NI Linux Real-Time Recovery system yet. GRUB is compatible with the VM's keyboard.

Edited by JKSH
7 hours ago, JKSH said:

You're almost there. The NI Linux Real-Time Recovery system is incompatible with the VM's keyboard^.

When you reach the prompt, "Do you want to continue? [y/N]", make sure you have a physical USB keyboard connected to your PC. "Insert" it into your VM (on English VirtualBox, it's Devices > USB > [Name of USB Keyboard]), then use the USB keyboard to enter "y". You might need to try different keyboards; I found that:

• Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 did not work
  • Logitech K235 worked

^Earlier, you were able to select "Verbose mode" with the VM keyboard because you were still in the GRUB bootloader, not in the NI Linux Real-Time Recovery system yet. GRUB is compatible with the VM's keyboard.

Hi, thanks for the support.

The first attempts were done with embedded keyboard (I' use a laptop) and today with external usb keyboard, but the result is the same. :(

3 hours ago, Ratataplam said:

with external usb keyboard, but the result is the same. :(

You might need to try different models of keyboards. See my previous message: Some keyboards work, some don't.

Also, after you plug the keyboard into your laptop, you must insert the keyboard into the VM (in VirtualBox, click Devices > USB > [Name of USB Keyboard]).