No debuggable applications or runtime libraries found

I recently decided to try out the Debug Application or Shared Library feature of LabVIEW for the first time, but I can't connect to any application! I tried running an application both on a local and a remote host. I opened the firewall, the IP is correct, Enable debugging is checked in the application builder, and the application runs,  but I always get the "No debuggable applications or runtime libraries found" message. I tried two different applications. What else is there to try?

My two Win 10 machines are on a corporate domain. I have local admin access. One runs LV 2017 32-bit IDE, the other - a matching runtime engine.

On 12/2/2020 at 9:11 AM, Billy_G said:

I recently decided to try out the Debug Application or Shared Library feature of LabVIEW for the first time, but I can't connect to any application! I tried running an application both on a local and a remote host. I opened the firewall, the IP is correct, Enable debugging is checked in the application builder, and the application runs,  but I always get the "No debuggable applications or runtime libraries found" message. I tried two different applications. What else is there to try?

My two Win 10 machines are on a corporate domain. I have local admin access. One runs LV 2017 32-bit IDE, the other - a matching runtime engine.

Have you built your executables for debugging? By default LabVIEW removes all diagrams from build executables and libraries and that leaves indeed nothing to debug. In the Build settings you have to enable the checkbox to built for debugging.