NI abandons future LabVIEW NXG development

On 1/23/2021 at 11:14 AM, Rolf Kalbermatter said:

That was very lame of Indy! 😆

It was but does give us some character development.  Showing the exhaustion on his face, and surrounded by dozens of people that might attack.  He kinda is like, nah I'm done I got other things to do. 

Also likely considered murder since it would be difficult to claim self defense.

12 minutes ago, hooovahh said:

It was but does give us some character development.  Showing the exhaustion on his face, and surrounded by dozens of people that might attack.  He kinda is like, nah I'm done I got other things to do.

But  the real story:  Harrison Ford was sick and so the director just off-the-cuff said to just shoot the guy.  A big sword fight was originally planned, but instead we got one of the most iconic movie moments.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, crossrulz said:

But  the real story:  Harrison Ford was sick and so the director just off-the-cuff said to just shoot the guy.  A big sword fight was originally planned, but instead we got one of the most iconic movie moments.

I think this was mentioned in the video I linked to.  I was just thinking about how much work the stunt coordinator, and stunt men had training and planning for a thing that just never happened.  It probably happens a lot in the film industry but as someone in the digital world I tend to keep even the work that I never actually use.

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2021 at 11:00 AM, X___ said:

I am reading through that lingo and am trying to extract the substance. What I read is that she was hired by NI for a specific job, did (or not) do it and was, if not fired, at least forced into a situation which led to her resignation after about a year on the job. That sounds rather short to me, but it is true that I am not privy to the way things are working on modern corporate boards. Maybe that is the new trend. I suspect there is more to it, and that her opinion that the business was run in a very outdated manner (saying that on a podcast sounds to me very non-politically correct) may have been the main reason. After all, her title is/was Chief MARKETING Officer, not Chief OPERATING Officer. Then there is the question of whether the "Good Ol' Boys" club might have reacted unkindly to a female outsider (I am not clear what her Dell and Rack Space background means in terms of her tech-savvyness. After all, she appears to have a BA in architecture and seems to only have held marketing positions).

It appears that the Green Lady of NI has moved to even greener pastures: IBM - Biographies

Can't abbreviate IBM (I?) but the website could use some of that pastel green and washed out pink palette NI has ambitiously engineered his website with.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/13/2021 at 3:10 PM, X___ said:

It appears that the Green Lady of NI has moved to even greener pastures: IBM - Biographies

Can't abbreviate IBM (I?) but the website could use some of that pastel green and washed out pink palette NI has ambitiously engineered his website with.

Hmm... I guess not anymore:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/martyswant/2022/01/18/ibm-chief-marketing-officer-carla-pieyro-sublett-departs/?sh=18db8f8b4daa

Edited by X___
Edit for clarification: CPS was introduced in my post here: https://lavag.org/topic/21849-ni-abandons-future-labview-nxg-development/?do=findComment&comment=134692 in an attempt to understand what was going on within NI before, during and after NXG's end
  • Confused 1
  • 1 year later...