N Dimensional array to 1d Array

pawhan11

I am looking for a way to do convert N dimensional array to 1d array of variants. Can this be done using native labview functions (some hidden gems etc), without using OpenG?

Another issue is with maps and sets, i want to get data out as array of variants, having set or map as variant.

image.png.22d49a9bb9d052b8a373f1b11bbd9a8b.png

20 hours ago, pawhan11 said:

I am looking for a way to do convert N dimensional array to 1d array of variants.

18 hours ago, pawhan11 said:

For arrays i came up with this, dimensions are handled up to 10

14 hours ago, pawhan11 said:

Nice, but I require the input to be variant, not an array.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by ShaunR
  • Like 1

@ShaunR I might have formulated question incorrectly 😁 I want 3 separate functions that have:

- variant input and return 1d array of variants when input variant is array  (any dimension any data type in array)

- variant input and return array of variants when input variant is  set (any data type in set)

-variant input and return variant pairs of key values when input is Map (any data type of key and value in map)

For Maps and Sets I can get type info using Type Parsing Library but not the actual, the only way i see is digging into type descriptors...

On 1/26/2021 at 2:39 PM, pawhan11 said:

- variant input and return 1d array of variants when input variant is array  (any dimension any data type in array)

There is a VI in OpenG LabVIEW Data Library that does this for you.

image.png.90b85e545ea3b2dc3ed5a5e66a7fb779.png

On 1/26/2021 at 2:39 PM, pawhan11 said:

- variant input and return array of variants when input variant is  set (any data type in set)

-variant input and return variant pairs of key values when input is Map (any data type of key and value in map)

For Maps and Sets I can get type info using Type Parsing Library but not the actual, the only way i see is digging into type descriptors...

I took this as a challenge and added two VIs to my library on GitHub - https://github.com/LogMANOriginal/LabVIEW-Composition

Decompose Map extracts variant keys and values of variant maps

1766333078_DecomposeMapExample.png.f9a08bccce69373bc5bfe137149c091f.png

Decompose Set extracts variant elements of variant sets

2086721673_DecomposeSetExample.png.da48ecfd9dff306afdd8254567b4ea54.png

I have successfully tested these VIs with various different types, but there could still be bugs. Let me know if you find anything. I strongly discourage using these in production!

Edited by LogMAN
Fix image scaling
  • Thanks 1