NI Week 2021 - July 27-28 - Virtual

gleichman

6 minutes ago, AutoMeasure said:

Maybe it will be a two-day version of last year's virtual event, with more new fonts, colors, and NI employees forced to repeat "so inspiring".  🙃

Hmm. Well the stuff that made last year’s great was it was largely community driven with some NI involvement and almost no fluff or upward trending graphs without axis labels/scales...

1 hour ago, Jordan Kuehn said:

Hmm. Well the stuff that made last year’s great was it was largely community driven with some NI involvement and almost no fluff or upward trending graphs without axis labels/scales...

I'm left to assume you are referring to VI Week, which was put together in a week or two, completely by the community.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, crossrulz said:

I'm left to assume you are referring to VI Week, which was put together in a week or two, completely by the community.

Yes. 

edit// my apologies. I’m realizing now that I was combining that excellent event with the CLA event in my mind. Perhaps it could happen again in parallel?

Edited by Jordan Kuehn
4 hours ago, Jordan Kuehn said:

Yes. 

edit// my apologies. I’m realizing now that I was combining that excellent event with the CLA event in my mind. Perhaps it could happen again in parallel?

I think you are referring to the GLA Summit that happened in November.  VIWeek was in May.  Yes, everything changed last year...

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Michael Aivaliotis said:

It seems they might have outsourced the organizing of this to a third party. You have to create a brand new account to register.

I mean that's been the case many (all?) times in the past with the NI Weeks that I've attended.

On 6/16/2021 at 7:44 AM, gleichman said:

It turns out that the two day event is actually four hours, so not much room for non-marketing content.

Registration is now open.

Wow. 10am-2pm on one day? I think you are absolutely correct about what we can expect to see here. 

3 minutes ago, Michael Aivaliotis said:

No, they always pull in your NI account profile. It's not a big deal though.

I guess yes, for the registration. However, the scheduling service and whatnot has been a separate entity and changed every time. Though apparently there's no need to check for available courses and such with only 4 hours around lunch.