Interfacing a camera with LabVIEW

Hi everyone,

I am trying to receive the data stream from a camera using LabVIEW. I am unable to find it in NI MAX, so I can't use Vision. So far, I was able to receive the packets sent by the camera via UDP, and assemble them in what I think is an image frame. The data, however, is in a YUV420 format, so I didn't get anything meaningful from the image visualizer.

What I have done so far is receive the UDP packets in a loop, assemble them together and then convert it to a 2-D array. Afterwards, I used IMAQ ArrayToColorImage, but I have only a noisy blue-ish image. Is there any LabVIEW-native way to convert from YUV420 to a 2-D array, or some way to display the YUV image directly?

Thanks!

Regards,

Reed

P.S. Sorry if this is not the right forum 

2 minutes ago, Reed19 said:

Is there any LabVIEW-native way to convert from YUV420 to a 2-D array, or some way to display the YUV image directly?

You could try the VIs from here: FFMPEG scripting in LabVIEW (.NET). In FFMPEG Examples v1.1.zip archive you may find yuv420p to RGB.vi, that should do the work for you. Also take a look at yuvplayer, it might be helpful to verify that you're doing the conversion properly.

On 4/23/2021 at 7:31 PM, dadreamer said:

You could try the VIs from here: FFMPEG scripting in LabVIEW (.NET). In FFMPEG Examples v1.1.zip archive you may find yuv420p to RGB.vi, that should do the work for you. Also take a look at yuvplayer, it might be helpful to verify that you're doing the conversion properly.

Quick update: it worked really well, thank you for the indication