Print a PDF file

Hi,

I'd like to print a PDF File.
No need to manipulate it, only print.
I found some suggestion about using command line via System Exec VI like this:
"<Path to AcroRd32.exe>" /t "<Path to document>" "Printer name"

But it doesn't seems to work. It opens acrobat reader but it doesn't print.
Any solution can be accepted, even using firefox or chrome or whatever else.
thank you!

I'm sure others have better suggestions (e.g. a LabVIEW Toolkit or other), but in the past I worked with a system that used PDF995 virtual printer and have LabVIEW set it as the default printer and then print to it.  However, It will prompt you for a filename/save location every time you print to it and I wasn't able to figure out how to change the default filename at the time nor have it print without prompting. 

37 minutes ago, Gepponline said:

Yes, I've posted my question to both forums 'cause I expect different users use different forums so better possibility to have suggestions.

That's fine, it just helpful for others to know that a duplicate conversation is taking place elsewhere, so that we know not to suggest things already tried, or to suggest things that have been tried or won't work for some reason.  Oh and in the past I have used this toolkit but have had issues with Windows picking the right printer in the past.

If you are using Win10 you can try the VI(s) in the attached LLB.  We typically create a "print" VI that shows all the controls, decorations logos etc we want to print, then run the VI in this llb.

I threw the llb together real quick...hope everything works. 

Win10PrintPDF.llb

Edited by bbean

Hi,

If you need only to print PDF without any further action another option should be use Report Generation Toolkit, at the same way you can save a word document you can also save the file as PDF.

If you can use this toolkit I can find an example.

All the Best

Golzio

1 hour ago, bbean said:

Ok. I misunderstood. But maybe there's something in there that can help. I remember having to do a lot of work arounds with callback VIs to get printing a panel without a prompt for filename to work.   Attached is a 2014 version.

Print PDF.png

Win10PrintPDF2014.llb 175.62 kB · 0 downloads

To use the PrintDocument .NET interface you need a 3rd party .NET assembly to render it (like Acrobat). Otherwise you'll just get a blank document.

14 hours ago, GolzioAC said:

If you need only to print PDF without any further action another option should be use Report Generation Toolkit, at the same way you can save a word document you can also save the file as PDF.

As I already told to others, I don't nett to print TO PDF but print A PDF, so an already existing PDF document has to be printed on paper (label in my specific case).