Binary File Transfer

Does anyone have any suggestions or rules-of-thumb on the easiest way to transfer a file over a network? I would also be interested in any libraries that have already been made for this.

I can open a TCP/IP or UDP connection to my client but I don't have any code that will easily set up a file transfer.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone have any suggestions or rules-of-thumb on the easiest way to transfer a file over a network?  I would also be interested in any libraries that have already been made for this. 

I can open a TCP/IP or UDP connection to my client but I don't have any code that will easily set up a file transfer.

5376[/snapback]

If you control both sides of the connection it would be simple to create two small applciations to do that. IF the other side is however already provided it will all depend on what protocol this applciation does support and if that protocol has some file transfer capabilities such as FTP would have.

Rolf Kalbermatter