Get 8 channel data in 8 rows and store the data

On 8/4/2021 at 5:19 PM, Taylorh140 said:

I have old labview could you share an image of the vi?

Actually I prefer people to backsave their VI when posting. Images are ok to add to a post, but they do NOT replace the real code which is needed to actually try it out and see where problems might be, and some important code settings can not be determined from just a pic.

@Rolf Kalbermatter I appreciate you mentioning this. I myself was weighing this. 

• VI -> Smaller better for sharing examples but can have evil code in them.  Slightly harder to make.
  • Image -> Safer to share but lager and much more limited. Easy to make.

I was originally leaning toward an image but, I think your right VIs are better.

I don't think I've come across malicious VIs here, at least that i know of .

13 hours ago, Taylorh140 said:

@Rolf Kalbermatter I appreciate you mentioning this. I myself was weighing this. 

• VI -> Smaller better for sharing examples but can have evil code in them.  Slightly harder to make.
  • Image -> Safer to share but lager and much more limited. Easy to make.

I was originally leaning toward an image but, I think your right VIs are better.

I don't think I've come across malicious VIs here, at least that i know of .

Not without clearly stating that it was nasty. Some here posted code that was to proof that you could do nasty things.

But!!! There are a few things you can do to avoid that problem:

- Don't ever open a VI that you downloaded from the net by double clicking it! Instead open an empty VI and drag the VI onto its diagram. -> Autorun is disabled that way and you get the chance to look at the diagram before you decide to run it. 

- LabVIEW 2021 will show a dialog asking you if it is ok to start the VI when directly double clicking a VI that is configured to run when opened.

23 minutes ago, Rolf Kalbermatter said:

- Don't ever open a VI that you downloaded from the net by double clicking it! Instead open an empty VI and drag the VI onto its diagram. -> Autorun is disabled that way and you get the chance to look at the diagram before you decide to run it. 

+1. You can also run a scripting VI on it that turns autorun off if you are concerned.

Edited by ShaunR