Multi-plot graphs and user-enabled drawing

I have two questions today:

How exactly does one make a multi-plot graph with two sets of data (as in two sets of x-values and two sets of y-values of array format)? I want the result to be in an XY Graph format (using LabVIEW 6.1 of course).

In addition, is it possible to allow the user to place points on a graph as input and allow the coordinates to be returned to an array? If so, is it also possible for the user to draw a line on the graph and allow a certain number of points from the line to be returned?

These may be simple questions but I would appreciate the help nonetheless :laugh:

I have two questions today:

How exactly does one make a multi-plot graph with two sets of data (as in two sets of x-values and two sets of y-values of array format)?  I want the result to be in an XY Graph format (using LabVIEW 6.1 of course).

In addition, is it possible to allow the user to place points on a graph as input and allow the coordinates to be returned to an array? If so, is it also possible for the user to draw a line on the graph and allow a certain number of points from the line to be returned?

These may be simple questions but I would appreciate the help nonetheless  :laugh:

5394[/snapback]

Okay, I found how to transpose multiple plots on a graph; I was just too lazy too look it up :) . But I have not resolved the second question.

Use this as a start

Download File:post-1013-1122317126.vi

5397[/snapback]

Sorry if you misunderstood, but I already found out how to place multiple plots on an XY graph. Sorry about that. What I do need help with is enabling the user to place their own points and draw their own lines on a graph by using their cursor. I want the points to be returned to two separate arrays (one for x-values and one for y-values). This would be useful.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, but I don't have Labview 7.0  :headbang:. How would you do it in Labview 6.1?  If the example is in LV 6.1 under a different name, please direct it to me.

Thanx

5520[/snapback]

Search the examples under graph. They used to have a similar example for the older versions that didn't use the event structure.

Neville.