Time Zones

• 1 month later...
Here is a Pure G (LV6.1) solution to the question "Which Time Zone am I in?" I'd be very interested to know if it works where you are! The Excel toolkit is under construction and I need a robust date routine.

TimeZone

Conversions of dates in MS Excel requires you to know the time zone where the date was recorded(!). This program compares the time from the LabVIEW function "Seconds to date/time" with 24 to find the actual offset in hours from Greenwich. If it is Daylight Savings time now, where the computer is, then you will need to modify the standard time offset by one hour. The TimeZone is needed in the routines to read and write times to Excel.

jb August 2005 (DST)

David A Moore has some free VIs that operate on time. I think they might be usefull for your application.

PJM

David A Moore has some free VIs that operate on time. I think they might be usefull for your application.

PJM

No, sorry. That toolkit suffers from the same glitch. Try it on a timezone like Newfoundland (GMT-3:30)

It returns -3:00. See the attachment to my post yesterday for two corrected vi's.

Same technique,use LV time=0 to get the UTC offset, just have to add minutes/60 to the hours.

-WDC