NI Week 2022 - Any News?

Jordan Kuehn

• 4 weeks later...

if they haven't put out a call for presentations yet or mentioned anything in the press or to the community by now, it ain't happening in May.

The convention center probably only shows that because they probably signed a multi-year deal and just haven't officially cancelled with the convention center yet.

1 hour ago, jcarmody said:

I had dreams of someday going to one and taking selfies with all of my LabVIEW heroes. :( 

Never meet your heroes.  Unless it's me and you're planning on buying me a Texas Tea at the piano bar.  In that case you should definitely meet your heroes.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I was looking at https://www.ni.com/en-us/events/niconnect.html

where it says:

Will there be speaking opportunities at NI Connect?

There will not be an external “Call for Presentations” for NI Connect Austin.

Elsewhere, it hints that there could be external presentations, but my guess is they'll be industry-focused (and apparently with invited speakers only).

Anybody heard more about it?  Any thoughts on this?

The question below that seems to indicate that there may not be a call for presentations because they'll just pull from previously accepted sessions but who knows. Hopefully there will be good technical presentations still.

I was selected to speak at NIWeek 2020. Will I be given a chance to speak at NI Connect 2022 automatically?

There is not an automatic transfer of all previously accepted sessions into the 2022 program. However, we’ll prioritize currently approved sessions when 2022 conference planning begins and contact you regarding next steps.

2 hours ago, brian said:

I was looking at https://www.ni.com/en-us/events/niconnect.html

where it says:

Elsewhere, it hints that there could be external presentations, but my guess is they'll be industry-focused (and apparently with invited speakers only).

Anybody heard more about it?  Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for the link and bringing it to our attention! I focused on this part (my emphasis added):

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2022 at 7:23 PM, Stagg54 said:

if they haven't put out a call for presentations yet or mentioned anything in the press or to the community by now, it ain't happening in May.

The convention center probably only shows that because they probably signed a multi-year deal and just haven't officially cancelled with the convention center yet.

I stand corrected. If you are not going to have external, I guess you don't need a call for presentations.

• 3 weeks later...