Primer on the new Multiple Errors VIs?

I have jumped from 2019 SP1 to 2021 SP1 and incidentally discovered the existence of new Multiple Errors VIs introduced in LV 2020 after listening to AQ's presentation at the previous GDevCon (which otherwise went right above my head).

The upgrade notes only say:

Multiple Errors VIs
The Dialog & User Interface palette includes the new Multiple Errors subpalette. Use the Multiple Errors VIs to convert an error cluster into different formats or to manipulate the
attributes of an error cluster.

Digging cursorily into the VIs, I see the use of JSON instead of the ad hoc LV error message syntax, but I am unclear what changes (or not) as far as handling "standard" errors. I am assuming not everything has been rewritten has this would break former code (the Simple Error Handler.vi seems not to have changed and only deals with <append> and <err> syntax.

I couldn't find anything in the examples or much in the Help.

Do I want to add "Attributes" to an error cluster? How can I take advantage of the new features for better error reporting/formatting?

13 hours ago, X___ said:

How can I take advantage of the new features for better error reporting/formatting?

I wouldn't bother, personally. It seems a poor solution. If I were to point to a problem with LabVIEW errors it would be resolution and they don't help with that.

I did have a whole paragraph on what I would like to see as an improvement to error reporting and how to achieve it but I reconsidered in the face of LabVIEW still considering reading an entire file as an error and AQ's presentation.

Edited by ShaunR

I have used the feature in a couple of places.  But I agree that it isn't ideal for several reasons.  But still for debugging where I'm not sure what is happening and multiple errors might be generated cascading down, it does help add a bit more to understand of what is happening, when probing isn't possible.  It certainly isn't something I just turn on everywhere, and it isn't something I recommend other use without knowing its limitations.  This isn't a magic solution that now makes debugging and error handling wonderful.  But it can be helpful.